Saturday, June 19, 2010

Keep Enjoying Yourself - Having Other Learning Experiences

Yes it's a long title to a chapter- they all are-
that's because they are acronyms to help
the reader remember the process,
this is a process book, but this is important
to you, and here is why, every day someone
that we don't want to do it, commits suicide.

 Suicide has been on the rise,
not the other way around; and,
one of the primary reasons that
people decide to end life is, they
actually have stopped living- at least,
living as you and I might define living.

 Now there are other reasons for this sad
conclusion to life, this isn't a discussion
about euthanasia, we're not going there,
and this isn't to decry laws about this or that,
the suicide rate is pointed out to you
merely to say, life is too precious to let it
conclude on a note like that, wouldn't you agree?

So before we go much into detail about what
a chapter about enjoying yourself having
other leaning experiences might be about-
don't we first need to really consider, are
you?  Enjoying yourself, not in the silly,
narcissistic sense that someone might twist those
words to point to, but in the deep, being alone
but not lonely sense of that?

Many years ago a friend asked me
if I liked being with myself?
I laughed, "of course I do," what was I
supposed to say?  What would you say?  She
went right to the crux of the point, however,
by asking me, "well if you like being by
yourself, then why are you seldom that way?"
The point stopped me for a moment, and
she continued, which is what this video is
about, let me know what you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment